Maggi's 4-week diet has become more and more popular recently. People who pay attention to diet and body shape may have heard of this effective diet. It is considered to be one of the best and simplest weight loss systems. This article will tell you what this diet is and it is worth trying.
You will also find a detailed daily menu, which is listed in the table for convenience. How safe is it to use the Maggi diet for weight loss? This weight loss system is contraindicated.
The Maggi diet or protein diet includes two foods: eggs and cheese. Surprisingly, only these products are edible and cannot be mixed with each other. The only exception is grapefruit, which can be eaten with eggs for breakfast. The diet time is 2 or 4 weeks.
I don’t know who is the inventor of this diet, but Margaret Thatcher named it. His breakfast includes two eggs and a wedge of grapefruit. This is a balanced nutritional system, that is, protein combined with citrus fruits is considered an ideal system for weight loss and rapid weight loss.
As mentioned above, the diet lasts 2 to 4 weeks.
1 week. The most difficult period to reorganize the body. It is at this stage that the body has been accustomed to eating the same food. Dizziness and nausea may occur, but as long as you drink a glass of clean still water, all symptoms will disappear.
At this time in the second week, the body has become accustomed to a certain diet, so it can increase protein intake. However, stool problems will occur, and the use of laxative Chinese herbal soup can quickly solve it.
Week 3. This period is usually psychologically difficult because you no longer have the ability to look at the same products, but want to resume your daily diet. But in this week, you can see a significant increase in weight. Most commonly, they have lost weight and are therefore motivated to lose weight.
In the fourth week, the body was completely reshaped, there was no discomfort at all, and the excess weight disappeared before our eyes.
It’s worth noting that this diet can help you lose 10-12 kg per month. But don't believe that fake diets that use shrimp, oil, vinegar, etc. are also allowed. The diet should only include eggs, cheese and citrus fruits.
Maggi Diet for 4 weeks: daily menu
Basic rules followed in the entire Maggi Egg Diet:
- Three meals a day, it is recommended to eat at the same time. Two hours after the meal, you can have a snack, such as carrots or fresh cucumbers.
- Even after 6 pm, you can still eat. The main thing is that the meal time is 3 hours before bedtime.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water, at least two liters, tea, coffee, but no sugar.
- It is prohibited to exchange menus, such as lunch and dinner, and do not substitute other menus for the products indicated in the menu.
- If a product is excluded from the diet for some reason, it cannot be replaced with another product.
- Dishes can be cooked in the oven, multiple pots, boiled, and no fats are allowed.
- At least some physical exercise is necessary. You can start with a simple walk.
Before starting a diet, it is best to consult a doctor to avoid harm to your body.
Before starting the Maggi diet, you need to determine the products that make up the menu within 4 weeks. Although this diet is called eggs, it initially contains more ingredients, but you can see the list in the table.
What foods can you eat
- Vegetables. Of course, vegetables and green foods are the first choice of products. This choice is obvious, because vegetables contain a lot of fiber and no carbohydrates at all. Combining several kinds of vegetables can be very helpful. They can be boiled, stewed, cooked in a slow cooker, or eaten fresh. It is allowed to use frozen vegetables and add a small amount of seasoning to improve the taste.
- Berries and fruits. In order to get good nutrition, fruit must be present in the diet. A feature of this diet is the consumption of large amounts of citrus fruits: oranges, grapefruits, tangerines as well as kiwis and other fruits.
- Fermented milk products. You can eat cheese that is not fat, not more than 9%. Hard cheeses with low fat content are allowed. Kefir and yogurt can only be drunk within 4 weeks.
- Fish and seafood. It is best not to be greasy: haddock, cod, cod, carp, zander. For seafood, shrimp and mussels are welcome.
- Eggs, poultry and meat. Chicken can be eaten without skin because it is not fat. Eggs and internal organs are allowed: heart, liver. You can eat non-fat meat in grilled, boiled or stewed form without adding salt and oil.
- Bread. Rye bread, not more than 30 grams, bran or whole wheat bread. Special nutritious bread sold in health food stores.
- Seasoning. This kind of diet can use seasonings appropriately. You can season salads and ready-to-eat foods with salt, pepper, onion and garlic. Use sugar-free soy sauce.
- Drinking system. You can drink unlimited water. Sweets If you have a crisis while eating sweets, you can take sugar-free lollipops to treat yourself. Stevia and agave syrup are used as sugar substitutes.
Which foods are prohibited
The following foods are strictly prohibited in Maggi's diet:
- Canned vegetables, meat and fish. Unfueled tuna is allowed in the last week.
- Sweeteners-sorbitol and fructose, and pure sugar.
- Jam and honey.
- Lentils, beans, legumes.
- Bananas, mangos, grapes, avocados, figs and high-calorie dried fruits are prohibited from fruits.
- Sauce and mayonnaise.
- Vegetables and butter.
- Pasta and baked goods.
- Alcoholic beverages.
Maggie Egg Diet
It is worth noting that the breakfast was the same for the first two weeks. It consists of 2 boiled eggs and half an orange or grapefruit.
|Day of the week||Lunch||Dinner|
|Monday||1 kind of fruit, and unlimited number (orange, apple, pear, strawberry, cherry, kiwi, grapefruit, etc. )||Lettuce leaves, chopped or minced pork or beef, poultry.|
|Tuesday||Skinless chicken||2 hard boiled eggs, 1 grain flour toast or 1-2 loaves of bread, 1 orange or grapefruit, vegetable salad.|
|Wednesday||1 flour toast or 1-2 loaves of bread, tomatoes, low-fat cheese (up to 20%) or cottage cheese (up to 5-9%)||Lettuce leaves, lean pork, beef or poultry.|
|Thursday||1 kind of fruit, and the quantity is unlimited.||Lettuce, lean pork, beef or poultry|
|Friday||2 boiled eggs, boiled vegetables||Lettuce leaves, 1 slice of orange or grapefruit, fish fillets|
|Saturday||1 kind of fruit||Lettuce, boiled meat|
|Sunday||Chicken fillet, boiled vegetables, tomatoes, 1 orange or grapefruit||any boiled vegetables|
|Monday||Lettuce, pork or beef.||2 boiled eggs, lettuce, 1 orange or grapefruit|
|Tuesday||Lettuce, pork or beef.||2 hard boiled eggs, 1 orange or grapefruit|
|Wednesday||Pork or beef, 1-2 cucumbers.||2 hard boiled eggs, 1 orange or grapefruit|
|Thursday||2 hard boiled eggs, any white cheese below 20% or 5-9% cheese, vegetables||2 hard boiled eggs|
|Friday||Thin fish||2 eggs (fried egg)|
|Saturday||Pork or beef, 1-2 pieces. Tomato, 1 orange or grapefruit||A mixture of fresh fruits (orange, orange, melon, peach, apple, strawberry, cherry, cherry, kiwi, grapefruit, etc. )|
|Sunday||1-2 pieces of skinless chicken. Tomato, vegetable, 1 orange or grapefruit||Peel chicken, 1-2 tomatoes, 1 orange or grapefruit, vegetables|
|Week three (breakfast is distributed from the listed products)|
|Monday||Any amount of any fruit at any time. Can be combined with any other fruits except grapes, mangos, dates, bananas, figs, avocados|
|Tuesday||All day: any cooked vegetables and any fresh vegetable salad, but not potatoes and beans.|
|Wednesday||All day: any fruits listed above, any cooked vegetables, any number of salads. any time.|
|Thursday||Any amount of cooked or fried fish, any amount of salad (only Chinese cabbage or lettuce leaves), boiled vegetables.|
|Friday||Lean meat, cooked or fried, except lamb. Or chicken, boiled vegetables.|
|Saturday||All day: any amount of one kind of fruit (only apples, pears, peaches or apricots) at any time.|
|Week 4 (Breakfast is distributed from the listed products)|
|Monday||4 slices of roasted meat or cooked meat or 1/4 cooked meat
3 tomatoes, 4 cucumbers
1 can of un butter tuna, 1 toast, 1 orange or grapefruit
|Tuesday||2 slices of deep-fried or cooked meat (maximum 200 g), 3 tomatoes, 4 cucumbers, 1 toast, one apple or pear, or 1 melon wedge, one orange or one grapefruit|
|Wednesday||1 spoon of cheese or any cottage cheese
(defatted), a small plate of cooked vegetables, 2 tomatoes, 2 cucumbers, 1 toast, 1 orange or grapefruit
|Thursday||1/2 boiled or fried chicken, 3 tomatoes, cucumber, 1 toast, 1 orange or grapefruit, one of the fruits|
|Friday||2 boiled eggs, lettuce (tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, peppers, no seasonings), 1 orange or grapefruit|
|Saturday||2 poached chicken breasts, 125 grams cheese or feta, 1 toast, 2 tomatoes, 2 cucumbers, yogurt, 1 orange or grapefruit|
|Sunday||1 spoon of cheese, a can of oil-free tuna, a small bowl of cooked vegetables, 2 tomatoes, 2 cucumbers, 1 toast, 1 orange or grapefruit|
How to get rid of diet: rules and guidelines
It is necessary to gradually stop eating, because excessive refusal to eat can cause problems with digestive tract function. For this:
- In the next week, keep the menu products (chicken, cheese, citrus fruits, apples) that are used in the diet;
- Try not to eat foods that cause rapid weight gain (fried potatoes, sweets, pastries, pasta);
- will not add parts quickly;
- Track the number of calories burned every day;
- Don’t use sugar (or keep your daily allowance to a minimum).
The Maggi Diet’s reviews indicate its effectiveness, helping to get rid of excess weight and the habit of eating junk food regularly.
Maggie curd diet 4 weeks-original
The curd version of the Maggi diet lasts 4 weeks. The difference is that it uses low-fat cheese instead of eggs.
Therefore, the table with Maggi tofu diet menu is no different from the previous one, except that 2 eggs replace 200 g of tofu.
Maggi diet: more effective than curd or eggs
Actually, the main difference between Maggi's egg and curd diet is the main ingredient. For a long time, the egg version of the diet method was considered harmful, even dangerous, because the popular myth about the danger of cholesterol has always existed, and boiled eggs contain too much cholesterol.
However, this myth has now been dispelled, and it has been reliably known that the natural fat contained in eggs can be absorbed by the human body most without the accumulation of large amounts of fatty acids and cholesterol on the blood vessel walls.
Another difference is that the Maggie egg diet is usually calculated on a monthly basis, while the curd egg diet is more gentle. Most options for Maggi curd diet are 1-2 weeks, but there are also 4-week systems.
It is important to note that eggs and tofu are interchangeable products. Therefore, from the egg diet, you can switch to cheese without harming your body, and vice versa.
Maggi diet can be repeated multiple times
It is recommended that you complete the Maggi diet no more than once every six months. However, after the course is over, you can improve the results with the help of the abbreviated version, which will be the first and fourth consecutive weeks.
Many people choose Maggi diet to lose weight, but they complain that they feel very hungry at first. This is due to the fact that the stomach has not had time to decrease and the amount of food has decreased.
Usually, the desire to eat can cause the body to break down, so to avoid this, it is recommended that you use snacks.
It is not recommended to use the various fruits and persimmons in the Maggi diet to satisfy hunger. Low-calorie vegetables such as lettuce, cucumber and carrot are a good solution.
Only snacks are allowed two hours after eating.
Food preparation rules
Maggi diet rules:
- Boiled eggs.
- The chicken has no skin and fat before cooking.
- It is best to cook or stew meat, chicken, and fish; fry in a non-stick pan without adding oil. The meat and minced meat are not greasy.
- Boil the vegetables in water, steam or stew. You can add spices, onions, garlic; a small amount of salt.
It is forbidden to add flavor enhancers to broths and seasonings.
- The vegetable salad on the menu is a salad of fresh vegetables without adding oil and mayonnaise. You can use oil-free salad dressing (diluted with yogurt, lemon or lime juice, wine or apple cider vinegar with water).
- Drink at least about two liters of liquid every day. Tea and coffee-available at all times, but without sugar and milk. You can use sugar substitutes. Stevia is a natural herbal sweetener in tablets or extracts, 10-15 times sweeter than sugar.
- If the number of products is not specified in the menu, they can be consumed without restriction.
- It’s best to start eating on Monday to avoid confusion on the menu. If it is another day of the week, it is still the Monday menu.
Prohibited: sugar, butter and all fats, mayonnaise, potatoes, white bread, lamb, high glycemic index fruits (ripe bananas, watermelon, melon, papaya), dried fruits.
Who should not use Maggi diet to lose weight
Maggi diet is very difficult for the body, and has its own contraindications:
- Allergic to ingredients.
- High blood pressure and low blood pressure.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Cardiovascular diseases.
- Liver and kidney disease.
The Maggi diet has many supporters and doubters. Even among nutritionists, there is no clear opinion on whether this is a good and effective diet or a destructive diet.
In any case, you can only try to answer this question yourself. However, if your health deteriorates and there is a bitter taste in your mouth, it is best to refuse this weight loss method.